– A four-day course, covering theoretical and practical knowledge, helping you gain the confidence so that you have the skills to start your consultancy as soon as you have attended the course.
– Refreshments: We believe that to learn to the best of your ability, you need to be able to focus on your learning without having to worry about your stomach!
– Handouts: We understand that there is a lot to take in and that you want to pay full attention to what is being taught without worrying about taking too many notes. All handouts provided are kept up-to-date and you will always be given access to the most recent versions.
– Access to a support group: the support group is held on Facebook and benefits from other consultants’ experience. If you do not wish to be on Facebook, you can always contact your trainer directly for support. Your trainer can also contact the Facebook group on your behalf.
– The right to re-attend the course as many times as you like! (with a nominal fee to cover refreshments): The course is built so that every person will gain something from it, whether you are completely new to baby-carrying or have years of experience. If you are new to baby-carrying, you may find that there is only so much you can take in at first, so the option to re-attend to build on your knowledge is available. The course is also a powerful confidence-booster, so if you feel a need to top-up your mojo, you are always welcome back.
– Links to video tutorials: We understand that you might like to refresh your memory long after the course finishes and cannot always come back, this is why there are video tutorials available as reminders of the carries and techniques covered.
– Free CPD days (Continuing Professional Development) twice a year: We believe that your learning does not stop after the course. The CPD days are a great opportunity to top-up your knowledge and stay up-to-date with the industry. It is also a time when all the Slingababy consultants get together so they can network and share their experiences.
– Being listed on Slingababy’s map of instructors which is available on the website.
All of this for as little as £450! (for a course in mainland Great Britain, please contact us for courses further afield)
Please note the price will increase to £495 for course taking place in 2017. Read this post to understand why.
At Slingababy, we understand that it may be difficult to pay the full amount in one go, so if you are interested in a payment plan, please do get in touch to discuss your options. All payment plans are discussed on a one-to-one basis to ensure they are completely tailored to what is realistic for you.
There are many ways to help you raise funds.
Here are some of the ideas people have used to raise money in the past: Organise a fundraising event (raffle, cake sale, sponsored sling walk), auction carriers or unwanted items, ask friends or family for sponsorship or even apply for a local grant or create a partnership with your local Children’s Centre.
Being qualified as a baby-carrying consultant can be considered an investment as it will give you a valuable skill from which you can build a business, empowering parents that you meet.